Most small businesses do not have an SEO strategy. Learn how to improve local SEO? If you can put both strong overall SEO and thorough local SEO in place, you will gain a competitive edge when it comes to appearing in SERP.
How to improve local SEO?
1. Create and optimize your Google My Business account
2. Get regular reviews from satisfied clients
Let your customers write brilliant reviews for your business not only optimize your presence on Google My Business but also encourage more local customers to buy from you.
Require personal review after the end of the sale.
Send email or SMS after purchase asking the customer to write a review (but only if they pass an internal survey to make sure they don’t approach a dissatisfied customer). Respond professionally to existing reviews, thank the reviewer and resolve complaints in less favourable reviews.
3. Create quality content
Nothing is more than creating content that is directly relevant to local subjects to attract the attention of local customers.
Some of the strategies include:
- Write blog posts about local events, facts, situations.
- Create videos about businesses.
- Set up location-specific pages on your website with high-quality local content if you serve different places in a region.
4. Optimize your website for mobile
A study of the 2018-19 stone temple, which analyzes mobile and desktop trends in 2016-17, found that moving to move occurs faster than expected. Mobile site visits increased from 57% in 2016 to 63% in 2017, while total desktop site visits decreased from 43% in 2016 to 37% in 2017.
Another 2017 study found that local search traffic can be particularly profitable, showing a significant 75% of all mobile searches generated in stores, offline access within 24 hours.
This confirms that you should optimize your mobile website is a player in the local SEO (and, really, good SEO period).
Here are some tips for achieving this:
- Be sure to load your website quickly (no more than three seconds)
- Use larger fonts that are easy to read
- Use images and copy carefully, passing only the information you need (there is no padding space on the mobile screen!)
- Make sure that the intuitive user interface is excellent UX
5. Use local keywords
Your keywords must be relevant to local customers. Makes sense, doesn’t it?
Google’s keyword planner lets you filter location-based keyword searches, so you get the idea of a popular search term for a given region. This allows you to create a list of locally relevant keywords to locate.
Also, include specific regional benchmarks and access points mentioned in its content. For example, if your local restaurant serves dinner in downtown Seattle, include references to “Space Needle Dining” or “a few steps from Space Needle” on your website.
6. Use the Location page or About Us page in a specific location
The location page is required if your company has multiple locations in a region. These pages must provide at least the following:
- Storage Time
- Name, address and phone number
- Custom Description
- Parking available
- Google Maps connected to the specific location page
If you only have one place, create an “About Us” page that focuses on local information, relevant is essential. For example, if you have a florist, your “About Us” page is the perfect place to mention that your shop is involved in providing flowers for any parade in your city.
7. By using the online business directories
Online business directories are sites like cries, squares, MapQuest and yellow pages, and more. Not only will you enter your company name, address and phone number in these directories help improve visibility, but also improve your local SEO.
Your list of companies should contain the following basic concepts:
- Accurate company names, addresses and phone numbers consistent across directories
- A backlink to your website
- Describe your business in detail
8. Focus on link signals (get high-quality backlinks)
According to the study of Moz search local classification factors 2017, binding signals are the first and second important factor in local packaging results and localized organic results, respectively. A link signal is a backlink to your website.
Getting links to improve local SEO is essential, but their quality is important.
Here are some tips for getting quality backlinks:
- Create high-quality content on your site so others want to link to your content
- Websites with high domain authority in guest blogs
- Interact with local influencers via social media or email to link with you
9. Create a dedicated webpage for each product/service you offer
And it can be attractive to combine all products or services into a large page, to resist doing so. Instead, dedicate a page to each unique product or service you offer.
If you put everything on one page, because search engines often do not see your brand as an authority in a particular area, your local SEO juice is not so powerful. This will reduce the likelihood of your ranking.
If you’re a company that doesn’t have a different product or service but has a different location, just use a location-based copy for each page.